This indicator lets you configure multiple alert levels for an asset. Zindarra Multi Alerts supports 10 custom alert levels.
You have to manually create an alert in Manage Alerts Panel and configure it to use with this indicator.
Free accounts are limited to only 1 alert slot and this indicator will take it (any existing alerts must be disabled/stopped).
Once the alert is configured, the indicator can be removed from chart to free a slot for another indicator, but you won't see the alert levels.
This is the Zindarra Multi Alerts Simple version. You can't auto disable already triggered alerts in this indicator. All alerts will remain active.
If you want to be able to hide/disable/change color of the triggered alert levels use the Zindarra Multi Alerts Pro version.
- 10 custom alert levels with labels
- set open/high/low/close source point for level penetration
- show/hide levels/labels
1. attach indicator to a chart
2. define alert levels in UI settings
3. in TradingView's Manage Alerts panel on the right:
- for free accounts: disable/stop all existing alerts, you are limited to 1 alert slot only. Otherwise you won't be able to save.
- create a new Alert:
- select 'Multi Alerts' indicator name in the Condition dropdown box, leave Level 1 and Multi Alerts Cross as default options
- select 'Once Per Bar' or 'Once Per Minute' instead of 'Only Once' to trigger the alert multiple times
5. click Save. Your 9 alerts are enabled now.
1. change levels/settings in UI
2. in Manage Alerts panel:
- open/edit the alert you created
- select new instance of 'Multi Alerts' indicator name in the Condition dropdown box (appears at the bottom)
- check the Condition dropdown again - a single instance should remain selected.
3. click Save. Your alert settings are updated.
Notes on using alerts:
- attaching this indicator to a chart and configuring alert levels will not automatically enable the alerts - you have to manually create/configure a new alert in the Alerts Panel
- removing this indicator from chart will not disable the alerts, you have to manually disable the alert you created in the Alerts Panel
- your alert in the Alerts Panel uses another instance (copy) of indicator/settings. Any changes won't affect the alert. You have to manually update the alert every time you change any settings in the indicator.
- recompiling and attaching your own version of indicator will require creating a new Alert (delete the old one).
- alerts are designed to work in realtime. In replay mode you will see only the alert levels but there will be no system alert messages. It's best to test the indicator in realtime on (1 min) chart
- you will only see 1 system alert per bar/60 sec when multiple alert levels are crossed with a single bar.
- you can only see the alert levels when the indicator is attached to chart, they are not shown by the system alert.
- a standard bidirectional cross is used for all penetration sources
1. uses plot*, cross*, alertcondition